Dedicated to my new playlist of relaxation.
I think this week marks the most productive and satisfying week of my life:
- Successfully finished two news stories.
- Wrote a paper for Mass Comm.
- Been present and focused at every choir rehearsal this week (We had extra rehearsals due to two performances his weekend).
- Improved my voice.
- Had a very effective blogging week.
- Reunited with a seldom seen friend.
- Released toxins via exercising.
I rarely consider myself a productive person because I seldom complete my “To Do” lists each day. However, this week I decided to listen to what was around me rather than write every task down. I’ve been much happier with myself.
I saw my choir director at Einstien’s Bagels on Monday and he said, “It’s going to be a busy week.” I agreed and joked about my stress. That moment was what I needed, a joke. That lightness controlled my spirit of the week.
On Wednesday night, I came home after a three hour rehearsal expecting to fall asleep willingly. I ended up dancing in my room for about two hours to John Legend and other R&B songs. That workout was needed. Soon I was doing Taebo-esque kicks and punches between a hardcore abdominal workout. Exercising always brightens my day. 🙂 That extra beat helps too.
Music strengthened me throughout this week. Gracias, mi amor.
What did music do for you this week?
Photo Credit: Floating Notes