Dedicated to Chase Ferrell, my workout buddy and motivator :).
I recently tested a new workout songlist full of random songs I continuously played while at the gym. It was time to make a list…
- “Sin Wagon” – Dixie Chicks
- “Love Game” – Lady Gaga
- “Hey Beautiful” – The Solids
- “Minimal” – Pet Shop Boys
- “Sweet Dreams” – Eurythmics
- “I Ran” – Flock of Seagulls
- “Dumpweed” – Blink 182
- “Disturbia” – Rihanna
- “This Modern Love” – Bloc Party
- “Move Your Body” – Eiffel 65
- “Hey Baby” – 4-2-4
- “Workin’ Day And Night” – Michael Jackson
- “Teenage Suicide” – Unwritten Law
The list goes on and on. Anything with a disco or techno beat works wonders for the mind while exercising and in return helps the body. I honestly felt more motivated than usual as I walked into the weight room with headphones in my ears.
In further news, I read in Shape magazine (I don’t recall the issue number) years ago that listening to slower music helps the body mentally and physically wind down after a workout. This held true for me, so I would say it works. Song lists to fall asleep to are also a big favorite of mine!
Picture Credit: Weights